A super quick and easy asian dish to create when in a hurry!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500 grams minced beef
- 1 small onion
- 1 carrot
- 4 stems of broccolini
- 1 large clove garlic (or use tsp minced garlic)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- salt and pepper to season
- 2 cups rice
- Cook rice as per packet directions.
Slice onion, garlic and add mince to fry pan and brown slowly, until the onion is soft.
- While the mince is cooking, peel and slice carrots into thin sticks. Add the carrots and broccolini to a heat proof bowl, cover with boiling water and microwave for 5 min.
- In a jug whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, ground ginger and coconut oil. Add the sesame seeds to the beef with some salt and pepper to season.
- Add the soy sauce mix to the beef and stir well. Let simmer for 10 min. Add the carrots and stir. Rinse and spoon rice into bowls. Spoon beef mix on top of rice. Top with broccolini.
Notes... You can add other veg if you wish. Would go great with pork or chicken mince also.