This Avocado Bread is a quick and easy snack or lunch bread. A recipe favourite in our house.
Ingredients (makes 20 slices)
- 2 cups Self Raising flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 teasp Baking Powder
- 1/2 teasp Salt
- 1/2 teasp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Mashed avacado (1-2 avacados)
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1 Large Egg
- Preheat oven to 190C. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg and avocado together, then stir in buttermilk. Add to the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Pour into the greased loaf pan and bake for 50mins-1hour, or until a wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Once cooked, leave to cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning out. Eat hot or cold. Enjoy!