To celebrate the start of the Chinese calendar year, AYAM™ brings us a delicious Thai Prawn Red Curry; a delicious inclusion in any Lunar New Year celebration.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 kg Medium Green Prawns, peeled, deveined, leaving tails intact
- 3 tbsp AYAM™ Thai Red Curry Paste
- 270ml AYAM™ Pure Coconut Cream
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp Grated Palm Sugar
- 2 Kaffir Lime Leaves (options)
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Add 1kg medium green prawns, peeled, deveined, leaving tails intact and cook for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add 3 tablespoons of AYAM™ Thai Red Curry Paste, 270ml AYAM™ Pure Coconut Cream, 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, 1 tablespoon grated palm sugar, 2 kaffir lime leaves (optional) and 1/4 cup (60ml) water to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add prawns, stir until heated. Stir in 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves. Serve with steamed rice.
From prawns to fish, Chinese people believe eating seafood during the Lunar New Year brings good luck and longevity, with fish as a sign of prosperity and prawns believed to bring happiness and laughter. AYAM™’s extensive range of products provide the perfect addition for delicious no-fuss and family-friendly dishes at your Lunar New Year celebrations, sure to make any cook, the talk of the table. For more information and AYAM™ cooking inspiration, head to www.ayam.com.