This bacon and egg bake is a quick and easy breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 250 grams Bacon
- 2 roughly chopped (I did 8 pieces) tomatoes - alternatively a punnet of cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
- To taste milk (see notes for more information)
- To taste Cream (see notes for more information)
- season to taste Pepper
- season to taste paprika mild (see notes for more information)
- 6-8 Eggs
- To desired taste Cheese (see notes for more information)
- Preheat oven to 180C. Find a casserole, or even a square cake tin dish. Grease tin and set aside.
- Roughly chop bacon into 1-2cm pieces, cook at medium-high until desired cooking. Alternatively, if you want crispy bacon, cook, cool, then chop. When cooling add tomatoes, give a little stir, this will help get all the sticky bits from the pan as well as make the tomatoes extremely tasty.
- While the bacon is cooling, in a bowl, beat your eggs, for best result use a whisk, hand beater or a stand beater. Add milk and cream, and both seasonings and beat until all are combined.
- Add the bacon and tomatoes and mix (don't beat or tomatoes will be mushy) until combined. Spread evenly in pan, place cheese on top and slightly push down so it will sink down just under top layer, alternatively you can always add into mix prior. Sprinkle a little more paprika on and bake for roughly 20-30 mins or until desired cooking has occurred.
- Serve hot, I find adding a little hot sauce is just perfect.