I love this as an alternative to bread and rice. it tastes amazing right out of the oven and the lemon rind gives it such a zesty kick
Ingredients (makes 1 tray of yummy chips)
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 250 grams instant polenta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind
- pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- salt flakes to serve
- Bring the stock to the boil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Use a balloon whisk to stir the stock. Gradually add the polenta in a thin steady stream, whisking constantly until all the polenta is incorporated into the stock. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, for 2 minutes or until mixture thickens and polenta is soft. Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan, rosemary and lemon rind .
- Pour the polenta evenly over the bases of the prepared pans and use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface. Cover with non-stick baking paper and set aside to cool. Place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight to set
- bake in 180 degree oven until crisp and slightly brown approx 15-20 minutes
- remove from oven and serve with salt flakes.