Ditch the heavy ice cream and instead serve this classic Baked Rhubarb and Strawberry Crumble with large helpings of creamy, strawberry and rhubarb low-fat yoghurt.
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
For the fruit:
- 1 bunch (500g) rhubarb, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 punnet (250g) strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 cup (120g) caster sugar
- 1 tbsp (20g) butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
For the crumble:
- 1/2 cup (60g) plain flour
- 1 cup (115g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (60g) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 1/2 tbsp (50g) butter, softened
- 1 cup (270g) Strawberry & Rhubarb Yoghurt
Prep Time: 20 mins, Cooking Time: 40-45 mins
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C and lightly grease a 23cm baking dish. Place the rhubarb and strawberries into the baking dish and sprinkle the caster sugar, butter and vanilla over the top. Toss gently to combine. Place the fruit into the centre of the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the fruit is just tender.
- While the fruit is baking, combine the plain flour, rolled oats and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Rub the softened butter into the mixture until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Once the fruit is tender, sprinkle the crumble mixture over the top and return to the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the crumble is golden and the fruit is bubbling.
- Serve hot with Rachel’s Wild Strawberry & Rhubarb Yoghurt.