Great for freezing, makes an easy lunchbox snack for kids! Not too much sugar or fat.
Ingredients (makes 12 Muffins)
- 2 cups Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 cup Fresh Blueberries (can use frozen)
- 1 cup Low Fat Milk
- 1/3 cup Light Olive Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Lightly spray muffin pans.
- Place flour, oats, sugar and baking powder into a bowl and mix well.
- Place peeled and chopped banana and berries into a bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher.
Add milk, oil, egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add banana mixture to the dry ingredients and mix gently until only just mixed. Spoon into muffin tins, top with reserved berries and bake for 15-20 min, until well risen and golden brown.
- Let cool in tin for 5 mins before turning out onto cooling rack.
Notes... You can replace the brown sugar with Coconut Sugar. If you don't like using Olive or Vegetable Oil you can replace with same quantity of low fat & salt margarine.