A revamped, healthier version of an ice-cream sandwich! Perfect for warmer days when you want an easy, cool treat that satisfies.
Ingredients (serves 3 | makes 6 biscuits )
- 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 4 (2 fresh, 2 frozen the night before) ripe bananas (but not overripe, just speckled)
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 160 C. Place fresh bananas, coconut and tapioca flour into a food processor until very well combined.
- Shape into 6 biscuits or a rectangle, to cut into shapes after it's cooked - whichever you find easiest. Place into the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden. (Tip: you're going to need to watch these closely/check every 5 mins or they will burn, due to the coconut.) Once biscuits have cooked, let them cool completely.
- To make the ice-cream, remove the frozen bananas and raspberries a few minutes prior, to slightly soften. Then add them to a clean food processor and combine until an ice-cream mixture forms.
- Now it's time to assemble. Take two biscuits and place 2-3 T of ice-cream between them. Repeat and then devour quickly before your creation melts. Enjoy!