Try this banana strawberry bread recipe – a twist on a family favourite!
- 2 tablespoons (90g) reduced fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 medium bananas, roughly mashed
- 2 – 3 strawberries, sliced and quartered
- Pre-heat an oven to 160 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to combine yoghurt, oil, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and eggs.
- Add mashed banana (I like to leave a few good chunks) and mix through well. Fold through flour and strawberries, without beating. If the mixture is a little dry (which it might be if your bananas are small), add a little extra oil.
- Place the mixture in a greased loaf tin and place in pre-heated oven for 45min. Turn the oven off an allow bread to sit in the oven for a further 15mins before removing and placing on a wire cooling rack.
Pre-slice and freeze for a perfect lunchbox treat.