This is a basic biscuit recipe that you can flavour with ANYTHING or make plain. You can add cocoa powder, chia seeds, almond meal, coconut, chocolate chips, dried fruit ANYTHING! This recipe will hold quite a bit of extra flavouring without needing to adjust the base recipe. You can also make it gluten free, dairy free and use your choice of sugar.
Ingredients (makes 30 )
- 250g butter (or dairy free spread or coconut oil)
- 1 cup sugar (white, brown, raw, coconut sugar)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups self-raising flour (or 280g gluten-free self-raising flour)
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees. Prepare baking tray with cooking oil spray and baking paper.
- Cream butter and sugar (in your kitchen mixer or with beaters) until it is light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg.
- Mix in self-raising flour slowly using dough attachment or by hand
- Roll small balls of dough in your hand and place on baking tray. Flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes