Very basic recipe that can be easily adapted to allow for other grated veggies or herbs and spices.
Ingredients (makes 24 Sausage Rolls)
- 3 Sheets Puff Pastry, thawed
- 300 grams Sausage Mince
- 200 grams Beef Mince
- 1 Small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Carrot, grated
- 2 tbsp Parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup Warm Water
- 3 slices White bread, crust removed
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
Pour water over bread and stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients together in a bowl.
Squeeze bread to extract water. Add to sausage mix and combine well.
- Cut pastry sheets in half. From mix, form 6 long sausage logs and place on long edge of each half piece of pastry.
Roll up pastry, pressing edge to seal.
- Place on trays, seam side down. Cut into desired lengths and make 2 cuts on top of each sausage roll.
Bake for 20-30 minutes or until brown.