This beef basil and chilli stir fry is a great way to use up any vegetables you have in your fridge … you can use any vegetables you like.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 800g Beef Fillet or Rump, thinly sliced against the grain
- 3 cups Sliced vegetables I.e.Onion, Red Capsicum, Carrots, Zucchini.
- 2 tsp Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Minced Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Sesame oil
- 200g Hokkien Noodles (prepared according to packet instructions)
- 4 tblsp Peanut oil
- 3 tblsp Kecap Manis
- 2 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1/2 cup Basil Leaves
- 1/4 cup Salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, add the sliced Beef, Ginger, Garlic, Chilli flakes & Sesame Oil. Season to taste with Salt & Pepper.
- Heat a large wok or frypan & add 1 tblsp of oil. Brown half the beef & then remove to a bowl. Repeat with the remaining Beef & 1 tblsp oil.
- Add another 1 tblsp of oil & stir fry half the Veges. Repeat with remaining Veges & oil. Don't overcook.
- Return the Beef/any juices & Veges to the wok. Add the prepared noodles, Kecap Manis & Fish Sauce. Stir to combine then top with Peanuts & Basil.