A delicious slow cooker recipe that will have the whole family coming back for more.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1kg Chuck or stewing steak, diced
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 2-3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion - finely sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves - minced
- 2 Carrots - sliced
- 2 Celery stalks - sliced
- 1/4 cup Tomato Paste
- 1/4 cup Red Wine or Beef Stock
- 1/2 cup Semi Dried Tomatoes
- 1-2 tbsp Fresh Thyme - Chopped
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Salt and Pepper
- Dust beef in flour. Heat oil in a pan, brown beef in batches. Transfer to slow cooker.
- In same pan, cook onions and garlic until onion has softened. Add carrots and celery to pan and cook for another 3 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and wine/stock and cook until liquid has reduced slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Place vegetable mixture into slow cooker, followed by semi dried tomatoes, thyme, bay leaves and salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6 or more hours.
- Serve with mashed potato, steamed rice or bread.