Very nice as after school snack with a glass of milk. Great for picnic , dayouts and roadtrip.
Ingredients (makes 24 cookies)
- 1 & 1/2 Cup Plain Flour
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Cup Hazelnut spread
- 1/2 Cup Raw Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Grated cooked Beetroot (steamed or boiled)
- 1/2 Cup Almond meal
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnut ( Coarsely or chunky as preferred)
- Pre heat oven at 180c (160c for fan forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl lightly whisk an egg. Add hazelnut spread and mix well using a spatula. Add all other ingredients except walnuts and form a dough.
- Add walnuts and mix well using hands.
- Pop the dough in fridge for 10 mins. This step is optional but makes easier to scoop dough.
- Using a spoon scoop some dough and form a ball. Arrange balls of dough on baking tray and press with wet finger or bottom of a glass.
- Bake cookies for 9-12 mins (based on individual oven temperature). Let it cool on wire rack. Enjoy warm or store in jar for 3-5 days.
- Makes around 24 cookies