These decadent little delights are simply heavenly. A delicious treat that is bliss to the lips and kind to the hips.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- For the cakes:
- 300g mixed macadamia and cashew nuts
- 40g dried raisins
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 80ml rice malt syrup
- 300g beetroot, coarsely grated, plus extra to serve
- 200g desiccated coconut, plus extra to serve
- 80g NESTLE BAKERS' CHOICE dark melts or Plaistowe dark or 70% cocoa (the choice is yours) melted
- 2tbsp golden flaxseeds, coarsely crushed
- scraped seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- shaved NESTLE dark chocolate, to serve
- For the chocolate icing.
- 2 avocados, coarsely chopped
- 170g rice malt syrup
- 30g 100% raw cacao powder
- 30g NESTLE dark chocolate, melted
- 2tbsp coconut oil, softened
- scraped seeds of 1/2 vanilla bean
- For mud cakes: Process nuts in a food processor to fine crumbs. Add dried raisins and rice malt syrup and process until smooth. Add beetroot, coconut, chocolate, flaxseeds and vanilla seeds and blend until even in texture.
- Press mixture into cooking spray lined mini spring form tins (5cm or 10cm are ideal) and place in the freezer until firm (40-50 minutes).
- For the chocolate icing: pulse ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Unmould cakes/release side clasp. Spread icing over cakes with a small spatula and refrigerate until set (30-40minutes).
- To serve, garnish mud puddle cakes with grated beetroot, a sprinkling of coconut and a generous shaving of NESTLE dark chocolate.