A simple way to use up beetroot leaves
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 packet spaghetti
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 5 cloves thinly sliced garlic
- 2 cups beetroot leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp parmesan cheese
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook to al dente. Reserve a couple ladles of pasta water, and then drain the pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until just softened but not browned, about 2 minutes. Add the beet greens, season with salt and pepper, and toss with the garlic until just wilted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Toss the wilted beet greens and Parmesan cheese with the spaghetti and add enough pasta water to loosen up the greens from clumping up.