Delicious waffles that are whipped up in a flash and will satisfy the hunger crash.
My berries are coming along very nicely, these waffles were made with a combination of my fresh early bloomers and store bought …but the taste of fresh garden grown are simply delightful and truly is pure bliss.
Ingredients (serves 20)
- 60gm Nuttelex (melted)
- 13/4 cups Low fat lactose free milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teasp Vanilla extract
- 2 cups Gluten free plain flour
- 1/4 cup Xylitol
- 4 teasps Gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 cup Mixed berries
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the nuttelex (then let cool for a minute or so). Add the milk, eggs and vanilla extract and give it a good whisk.
- In a separate large bowl sift flour, xylitol and baking powder. Make a well in the center.
- Add wet ingredients into the well (at intervals) and whisk well to incorporate. Fold through the cut/halved berries.
- Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray. Ladle dessert spoons of mixture into waffle sections and close the lid. Cook till ready light appears or to manufacturers instructions. Remove waffles and place on serving platter.
- Repeat/continue with remaining batter mix.
- Serve with desired topping (my favourite is Berry Coulis) ENJOY!
- RECIPE FOR: BERRY COULIS. Place 2 cups berries with ¼ cup xylitol and the juice of half a lemon in a saucepan and allow to simmer until the berries release their juices. Continue to simmer until the liquid is reduced by half, roughly 15-20 minutes. Pass through a fine sieve to remove the seeds and allow to cool before using.