This Best Ever Potato Bake is a firm favourite in our house and introduces a few extra veges and some interesting flavours. Try switching out half the potato for sweet potato for something different.
We cooked this on MOM COOK CLUB LIVE! You can watch the video here:
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 4 - 6 Washed potatoes, sliced into rounds about 1/3 centimetre thick
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cream
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Mustard (Mild, Hot English, Dijon or Wholegrain)
- 2 tsp Baby Capers
- 1 300g tub of Woolworths Potato & Leek Fresh Soup
- 2 Eschallots, chopped into 1cm chunks
- 1 Medium Onion sliced in half and then into slices
- 1/3 cup Pine Nuts
- 1/3 cup Tasty or Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Button Mushrooms, roughly sliced or chopped
- Roughly rub the inside of an ovenproof baking or casserole dish (approx 25cm diameter) with butter.
- Arrange slices of potato in the baking dish covering the base of the dish completely. I like to sit the potato slices vertically in the dish but you can lay them down flat if you like.
- Nestle the mushrooms, onion, eschallots in amongst the potato slices.
- Combine all the 'wet' ingredients as well as the mustard and capers in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the potato and other veges and move around gently with a spoon so that the sauce goes down between all pieces.
- Top with grated cheese and pinenuts.
- Place on a baking tray (to catch any overflow that may happen) and bake at 170C for 30 - 40 minutes. Cooking time will depend on your oven and how thickly you have sliced the potato. I recommend placing a lid on your baking dish or covering with foil until about halfway through. Just be careful the foil doesn't take all the cheese - create a 'shower cap' type shape with the foil so it doesn't touch the top.