Why not make this Blackcurrant breakfast crumble for mum this Mother’s Day. It’s incredibly easy to make, so rally the family around the kitchen bench and cook this delicious breakfast to celebrate Mum!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- FRUIT FILLING
- 200 grams dried figs, quartered
- 150 grams dried apricots
- 100 grams sultanas
- 100 grams pitted dates, roughly chopped (approx 5 dates)
- 100 ml Barker’s of Geraldine Lite Blackcurrant Syrup
- 400 ml water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- CRUMBLE TOPPING
- 100 grams plain flour
- 50 grams rolled oats
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 100 grams butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50 grams hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 50 grams silvered almonds
- BLACKCURRANT YOGHURT
- 300 grams Greek yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp Barker’s of Geraldine Lite Blackcurrant Syrup
- Preheat oven to 170C (150C fan-forced).
- Place dried fruit, Barker’s of Geraldine Lite Blackcurrant Syrup, water and vanilla in a saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 mins, until plump.
- Transfer to a greased 20cm oven proof dish.
- Meanwhile, make the crumble topping. Put the flour, oats, sugar, butter and cinnamon in a bowl, rub together with your fingers into a crumble texture. Add in the nuts and mix thoroughly.
- Place crumble over the top of the fruit mix and baked in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until brown.
- Carefully remove the breakfast crumble from the oven, and set aside to cool slightly whilst you make the blackcurrant yoghurt.
- Mix 1 Tbsp Barker’s of Geraldine Lite Blackcurrant Syrup to 300 grams of yoghurt until fully incorporated.
- Evenly dish out the blackcurrant breakfast crumble into 4 bowls and serve with blackcurrant yoghurt.
Notes... This recipe is courtesy of Barker’s of Geraldine and Anathoth Farm.