This recipe is great hot or cold and is really versatile. Serve as a side or as a meal in itself (just add some cheese or protein). Even the kids can make this Broccoli & Quinoa ‘Rice’. Such a great option if you’re trying to reduce carbs.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2-3 cups Broccoli (cut into florets including stems)
- 1 cup Cooked Quinoa
- 1tbsp White, Black or Red Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Linseeds
- 2 tbsp Toasted Almonds (optional & not included in this recipe)
- Lightly steam the broccoli florets (you don't want it too mushy - leave it with a little crunch), spread out onto paper towel to cool down and lightly pat to dry out.
- Divide the broccoli into 2 or 3 batches and blitz in your food processor until it resembles rough breadcrumbs (watch closely as it happens really, really fast - literally seconds - and if you go too far, you end up with mush).
- Combine the broccoli and all other ingredients and lightly toss. You can season however you like - a drizzle of olive oil, salt & pepper, some paprika or add some toasted coconut.