This Brown Rice, Lentil and Chicken Salad is just the thing for a ‘meal in a bowl’ or a substantial salad for a BBQ.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup Brown or green lentils
- 1 cup Brown rice
- 400 grams Poached chicken breast - cut toto pieces to the size of your choice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 brown onion - finely chopped
- 1 tab Curry Powder - of your choice
- 1 tabs White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Red Capsicum - diced
- 400 grams Tinned or fresh corn kernels
- 4 Spring Onions - chopped
- pinch Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a rapid boil and add rice and lentils. Cook for about 35 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Place in a large bowl.
- Heat 2 tabs of oil in a fry pan and cook onion at medium heat for about 2 minutes. Add curry powder, stir and cook for further 1 minute. Add remaining oil, vinegar and salt and pepper. Add onion and curry mix to chicken and stir through.
- Add chicken mix to rice and lentils. Add capsicum, corn and spring onions and stir together. Serve.