Satisfy a chocolate craving.
Ingredients (makes 12 Brownies)
- 125 g Butter
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- 3/4 cup Plain Flour
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Almond Shavings
- Chocolate Sauce
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C and line a medium (22cm x 22cm) square baking dish with baking paper.
- Sift the cocoa into a medium bowl. Melt the butter over low heat. When the butter is melted add to the cocoa in a steady stream, stirring with a metal fork as you go. Continue to whisk until smooth.
- Whisk the eggs and vanilla essence together. Add to the cocoa mixture in a steady stream, whisking with the fork as you go, until smooth. Stir through the caster sugar until well combined. Fold in the flour and stir gently until evenly and just combined.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until firm to touch. Allow the brownies to cool in the tray before cutting and serving.
- Place scoop of ice cream and almond shavings and drizzle chocolate sauce.