Butter Chicken is always a treat with the whole family … a beautiful tasting dish with just the right amount of spices. Easy prepare and delicious to eat!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 600g Chicken thigh pieces, trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 3cm piece Ginger, finely grated
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
- 2 tsp Ground coriander
- 1 tsp Garam Marsala
- 1/4 tsp Chili powder
- 1 TBS Vegetable oil
- 20g Butter
- 1 Brown onion, sliced thickly
- 410g can Tomato puree
- 1/2 cup Chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Thickened cream
- Basmati rice to serve
- Place yoghurt, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, garam masala and chilli powder in a glass or ceramic dish. Add chicken. Stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Heat oil and butter in a heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened.
- Add chicken mixture to pan and cook stirring, for 5 minutes or until chicken just starts to change colour. Add tomato puree and stock. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender and mixture has thickened slightly.
- Stir in cream. Simmer for a further 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with steamed rice and naan bread