More a cookie than a biscuit with a butterscotch flavour.
Ingredients (makes 20 biscuits)
- 125 grams Butter
- 1 Cup Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 1/2 Cups self raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Set oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Grease or line baking sheet
- Melt sugar, butter and vanilla essence together in a saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat when sugar melted into butter and a soft butterscotch has formed.
- Wait for the mixture to cool. It is important that the mixture is cooled otherwise the dough won't form properly.
- Once cooled, add the beaten egg and mix well together.
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour/salt mixture and pour in the cooled butterscotch/egg mixture.
- Knead into a stuff dough. It should be fairly dry.
- Place spoonfuls of mixture onto greased/lined tray. Press lightly with a fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool slightly.