A great caesar toasted sandwich recipe from symply too good to be true book 5.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- cooking spray
- 30g 97% fat-free bacon short cuts diced
- 4 slices 9 grain bread or white low GI bread
- 1 boiled egg chopped
- 1½ teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons 99% fat-free Caesar dressing
- 1 cup lettuce shredded
- In a small non-stick frypan that has been coated with cooking spray, fry bacon until browned. Place all the ingredients into a small mixing bowl, except bread, combine well. Toast bread slices. Place mixture onto 2 slices of toast then top with remaining toast slices.
Not suitable to be frozen.
Annette’s Caesar recipe is lower in fat and sodium (salt) than the traditional recipe. This makes it a great choice for people with diabetes, heart disease or those purely interested in improving their health by making better food choices.