A simple sweet treat suitable for any occasion.
Ingredients (serves 20)
- 250g packet Ginger Biscuits
- 395g NESTLE Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar, Firmly packed
- 125g butter
- Break up biscuits and place in food processer till finely chopped. Melt 75g of the butter in saucepan and pour into the biscuits and process till well combined. Place into a lined baking tray and flatten out. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining butter, condensed milk and brown sugar to saucepan and on medium heat stir the mixture till the sugar has dissolved, and the mix becomes thick and a golden caramel colour (takes about 20 minutes).
- Pour the caramel mix onto the biscuit base and smooth out. Leave it aside for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, slice and serve.