This was always my favourite cake as a kid.
Ingredients (makes 1 Cake)
- 1 Table Spoon White Vinegar
- 1 Table Spoon Bi Card Soda
- 1 Cup Evaporated Milk
- 1 Cup Castor Sugar
- 1 Cup Plain Flour
- 2/3 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Cocoa
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tea Spoon Vanilla Essence
- Set oven to 180 and line a cake tin with baking paper.
- Add vinegar to carnation milk to sour it.
- Sift flour, salt, cocoa, bi-carb soda, and sugar in mixing bowl.
- Pour in the melted butter and 1 cup of carnation milk. Beat well for two minutes. Add all remaining ingredients and beat a further 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared cake tin and bake approximately 35 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool slightly before removing from tin. For a filled caked, bake two cakes and fill with cream and cover with your favourite frosting.