These will be a big hit with the whole family. It has heaps of hidden veggies so a perfectly healthy meal for the kids.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup finely chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup finely chopped potato
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped red capsicum
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and corm mix
- 1 small chilli (optional)
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp breadcrumbs (plus more for coating)
- few drops lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Wash and chop all the vegetables. You could use food processor or by hand whichever is easier.
- Heat up olive oil in a non stick frying pan or sauce pan big enough to cook all these vegetables together. Add onions and saute on medium flame for about 1 minute. Then add finely chopped potato, cauliflower, carrots and peas and corn. Mix and let it cook for 1-2 minute uncovered.
- Now add Turmeric powder, salt, pepper, chilli and about 4 tbsp water, mix well and cover. Cook for 5-7 minutes on slow flame and check if mixture is sticking to bottom sprinkle some water. We don't want to make it soggy just enough to avoid sticking on bottom. Cover and let it cook.
- When the vegetables are cooked (should take around 10-15 minutes to cook completely but may vary depending on cook top and vegetables) switch off the flame and add plain flour, sugar and lemon. Mix well and mash it lightly with potato masher. Do not mash completely, keep some chunks.
- Let it cool down completely. Add 2 tbsp breadcrumbs in mixture and roll patty in desired size. If mixture has become very soft add more breadcrumbs. Start with 1 tbsp of breadcrumbs at a time and add more if needed. Roll patty in breadcrumbs and place them in plate.
- Pop the rolled patties in freezer for few minutes. Then Shallow fry and layer with some spinach, onion and tomato with your fav mayo and sauce.