A healthy take on everyone's favourite, fried rice.
Can be used as a side dish for meat or tofu, or eaten as a meal.
Can be made vegetarian, by leaving out the meat and eggs.
Can be modified to include bacon, chicken or other meat.
Vegetables (apart from cauliflower) can be changed to suit taste.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- Half Cauliflower, grated
- 1 Zucchini, grated
- 1 Carrot, grated
- 1 cup Cashew nuts
- A quarter Leek, chopped
- 150 grams Devon, chopped
- 2 Eggs
- 3 tablespoons Oyster sauce
- 1 cup Frozen corn, peas and capsicum mix
- 1 tablespoon Oil, for frying
- Fry the leek, Devon and cashew nuts in oil of choice till the nuts get some colour.
- Add the frozen corn, peas and capsicum mix, and stir till thawed.
- Add the grated cauliflower, zucchini, carrot and oyster sauce and cook till soft.
- Make a well in the centre, add the eggs and stir till cooked and scrambled.
- Stir to combine, and serve.