These cauliflower patties are a great alternative if you want to pack in the veges and go light on the carbs.
Ingredients (serves 6 | makes 8 patties)
- 1/2 head Cauliflower
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Fetta Cheese
- 2 Red Capsicums
- 1/2 cup Pinenuts
- 3 Large Carrots
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- Roughly chop the carrots and capsicum and spray with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in a hot oven for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- While the capsicum and carrots are roasting, roughly chop the cauliflower and place in your food processor. Blitz until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Place 2 CLEAN tea towels on the sink and empty the cauliflower mixture straight onto the tea towels. Roll the tea towels up tightly and then wring them out over the sink. There should be lots of liquid come away. Repeat this a few times until there is no liquid remaining.
- Place the cauliflower into a mixing bowl and add the egg, fetta cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper. Shape into patties.
- Once your capsicum and carrots are roasted, place them along with pine nuts, olive oil, salt and pepper into the food processor and blitz to desired consistency for pesto.
- Heat a large non-stick frypan with olive oil and gently cook the cauliflower patties until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with a generous dollop of capsicum pesto and a sprinkling of green leaves.