Forget slaving over Nonna’s traditional recipe for spaghetti bolognese – try this 30 minute cheat’s bolognese
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 500g mince
- 600ml passata
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 500g pasta (spaghetti and penne work really well)
- olive oil
- Saute the mince with olive oil on high for a few minutes, until browned. (I actually chop the mince up from the freezer, as I rarely keep fresh mince in the fridge).
- Add onion powder, garlic salt, passata and bay leaves.
- Set pressure cooker for 15 minutes (or the meat/poultry setting on the Philips All-in-One Cooker).
- When the pressure cooker is finished, let the pressure out and set to saute on low for another 5 minutes to thicken the sauce. Make your pasta during this time. Garnish with some shredded cheese or parmesan (if you have some laying around the fridge).