A quick and easy recipe for home made Cheese and Vegemite scrolls, great for afternoon snacks and to put into kids lunch boxes for school.
Ingredients (makes 24 Cheese and Vegemite Scrolls)
- 2 Sheets Puff Pastry
- 2 Tablespoons Vegemite
- 1.5 Cups Grated Cheese
- 1 Egg (Beaten)
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place pastry, 1 sheet at a time, onto a chopping board. Spread Vegemite over pastry and sprinkle with cheese. Starting from the edge nearest you, roll up pastry, 1 sheet at a time.
- Cut each roll into 12 equal portions.
- Place scrolls, cut-side up, onto baking trays, allowing room for spreading, and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until pastry is golden and cheese is melted. Allow to cool for 5-6 minutes before serving.