Who doesn’t enjoy a great cheese ball at a party? But, I tend to feel a little awkward digging into the giant ball with a cracker or spoon! These mini Cheese Ball Bites are the answer to my prayers – not only are they exceptionally cute but totally practical too! Skewered with a pretzel stick, they are fun and easy appetisers that are perfect for any party or get-together!
Ingredients (makes 18 Mini cheese balls)
- 340g Softened Cream Cheese
- 230g Shredded Cheddar
- 1tsp Garlic powder
- 1tsp Paprika
- To taste Salt and freshly ground Pepper
- 8 rashers Cooked and finely chopped Bacon
- 45g Finely chopped fresh Chives
- 4g Finely chopped Pecans
- 18 Pretzel sticks
- Mix together cream cheese, cheddar, garlic powder, and paprika and season with salt and pepper. Form into 18 small balls and refrigerate until firm, 1 hour.
- In a shallow bowl or on a plate, stir together cooked bacon, chives, and pecans.
- Roll balls in bacon-chive-pecan mixture and insert a pretzel stick in each ball
- You can make the cheese balls ahead of time, but don't insert the pretzels until just before serving - just loosely cover with plastic wrap and return to fridge. Let sit at room temperature 15 minutes before serving and then insert pretzels