Amazing stringy cheesy soup even my little kids devour. Add whatever you like to it and it will still be awesome!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 Onion chopped
- 1/4 cup Melted butter
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 cups of Chicken stock
- 1 1/2 Coursely chopped brocolli
- 1 cup Matchstick carrots
- 1 stalk Celery
- to taste Salt and pepper
- 1 breast chopped Cooked chicken
- 2 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion in hot butter until translucent, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Whisk 1/4 cup melted butter and flour together in a large saucepan over medium-low heat; cook until flour loses it's granular texture, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons of milk if necessary to keep the flour from burning, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Gradually pour milk into flour mixture while whisking constantly. Stir chicken stock into milk mixture. Bring to a simmer; cook until flour taste is gone and mixture is thickened, about 20 minutes. Add broccoli, carrots, sauteed onion, and celery; simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir Cheddar cheese & cooked chicken into vegetable mixture until cheese melts. Season with salt and pepper to taste.