A great recipe for lunchbox fillers.
Ingredients (makes 12 Muffins)
- 2 cups Self raising flour
- 420g Sweetcorn kernals, well drained
- 1 1/2 cups Grated tasty cheese
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 3 Eggs
- 60g Melted butter
- 1 tsp Tarragon
- 1 tsp Basil
- Pinch Salt
- Preheat oven to 180 gegrees C (I think this equates to 160 degrees C in a fan forced oven) and grease a 12 hole muffin pan with cooking spray. Line the muffin holes with baking paper ensuring the paper comes up the sides. I have found that approx 15cm square works well.
- Place flour, herbs, sweetcorn and cheese into a mixing bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Mix milk and eggs together in a separate bowl and mix on medium speed, and then add the cooled melted butter
- Pour into the flour mixture and stir gently until it is just combined.
- Divide evenly amongst the muffin holes and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until they are a golden brown and cooked through. If a skewer is inserted into the middle of the muffins, it should come out clean.
- Cool the muffins in the tin before you turn the out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Muffins can be placed individually into freezer bags and can be frozen for up to three months. Placing them into individual freezer bags means that they can be packed easily into lunch boxes.