Cheesy Tuna Pasta Bake ticks so many boxes … don’t you think?
Whether it’s a busy weeknight and you need dinner on the table in a half hour, you’re wanting to get the kids to start helping with cooking dinner or you need a really easy and yet substantial side dish when you’re feeding a crowd, a big Cheesy Tuna Pasta Bake is always a winner.
We love that this recipe is literally a ‘throw everything together’ recipe. Then while it’s bubbling away in the oven, you can sort something else out (or have a wine)!
We adore Sirena Tuna in Olive Oil for this recipe – we use the large tin but you could get away with the smaller tin if you wanted to save a few dollars (or your family don’t like to double down on tuna).
So … hands up who needs a fresh take on their Pasta Bakes! This one is sure to please.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 packet Pasta Shells, cooked until just al dente
- 400g Tin Tuna (any brand is fine but Sirena Tuna in Oil is our favourite for this recipe)
- 2 cups Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1 small Brown Onion, finely diced
- 600ml Thickened Cream
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Finely ground pepper
- 2 tsp Cornflour
- 2 cups Mozarella Cheese, shredded or grated
- Combine the onion, cream, mustard, salt, pepper and cornflour in the bottom of a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly to distribute ingredients and remove any lumps of cornflour.
- Add the pasta shells, the tuna (drain about half the oil away) and the baby spinach and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mix into a large ovenproof baking dish and then sprinkle with the mozarella cheese.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until everything is hot through and the cheese is beautifully melted.