Ingredients (makes 12 rolls)
- 500g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Sachet Fast Action Dried Yeast
- 300ml Milk
- 40g Butter
- 1 Egg
- 25g Melted Butter
- 70g Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Mixed Spice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 150g Sultanas
- Put flour, salt and yeast into bowl. Add egg and stir.
- Warm the milk to melt butter. Do not boil. Add to flour mixture and mix to form dough.
- Knead dough on well floured surface for 5 minutes.
- Put it in an oiled bowl and cover with cling film and leave in warm place to rise (about one hour).
- Knock back dough once it has doubled in size and roll into a rectangle about ½ cm thick.
- Brush with the melted butter and sprinkle with the sugar, sultanas and spices.
- Roll up and cut 10 slices and place on greased baking sheet not touching but only leaving a small space. (They will rise and join together when cooking).
- Leave for 30 mins in warm place.
- Cook on 190C for 20 -25 mins.
- While cooking if you want a glaze, heat together 2 tbsp of milk and 2 tbsp of sugar. Boil and simmer for 3 mins.
- When buns are cooked brush with the glaze and cool.
Notes... My kids love these. You can brush with icing sugar and water too or just icing sugar or have them just plain. I have put the glaze recipe on the end if you want to use that too.