Wicked Dark and stormy choc and cherry ripe cookies. These are an indulgent cookie when only a sweet treat will suffice.
Ingredients (serves 24)
- 120 g butter, softened
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup glace red cherries, cut into small pieces
- 4 x 47g Cherry Ripe Double Dip Chocolate Bars, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 160℃ and line 2 trays with baking paper.
- Place the softened butter and brown sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 8-10 minutes on a high speed until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract, and beat for a further 3 minutes to combine.
- Remove the mixer and set aside. Sift in the flour, cacao and bicarbonate of soda into the bowl.
- Add the Dark Cherry Ripe pieces, glace cherries and coconut to the bowl with the flour mixture and stir through.
- Using a dessert spoon, scoop out spoonfuls and place onto the prepared baking trays leaving a 4cm gap between each chocolate Cherry Ripe cookie, as they will spread. Repeat until all of your mixture has been used.
- Place the baking trays into the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove the baking trays from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the trays for 10 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.