This recipe can easily be doubled to make larger quantities.
Ingredients (makes 1 Loaf tin)
- 1/2 cup Self-raising flour
- 50 gram Plain biscuits, crushed
- 2 tbls Caster sugar
- 1/2 tbls NESTLE cocoa
- 50 grams Butter, melted
- 1/2 tin NESTLE sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup Desicatted coconut
- 50 gram Glacé cherries, chopped
- 3 drops Cochineal (optional - only use if you want colour, I have omitted)
- 75 gram NESTLE BAKERS' CHOICE dark chocolate melts
- 1/2 tbls Vegetable oil
- Base: Preheat oven to 180 degress. Line a loaf tin with baking paper. In a bowl combine flour, biscuits, sugar and cocoa. Add the melted butter, mixing well. Press the mixture firmly into the tin and bake for 15 minutes:
- Filling: In a bowl, combine the condensed milk, coconut and cherries (and cochineal, if using). Mix well and spread over the cooked base. Bake for 15 minutes and allow to cool in the pan.
- Topping: Combine the chocolate and oil in a small saucepan. Stir on a low heat until smooth and melted. Pour over cooled slice. Allow to set before slicing.