A good winter warmer recipe the kids will love. All that gorgeous flaky pastry … Chicken and Leek Pie is always a winner.
Ingredients (makes 1 24 cm pie)
- 8 tenderloins Chicken ( or 5 thighs) chopped
- 1 leg Leek , chopped
- 8 small- med Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup Chicken stock
- 1/4 cup Dry sherry ( or Marsala)
- 2 tablespoons Plain flour
- 1 small can Corn kernels
- 1/4 cup Frozen peas , cooked
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 1 sheet Frozen puff pastry
- 1 sachet Pastry mix
- Pre heat oven to 180 deg. Grease 24 cm pie plate
- Melt some butter in a pan and add chicken, season with salt and pepper. Fry for a few minutes until almost cooked , add leeks and mushrooms. Cook gently for a few minutes until soft.
- Add stock and sherry, warm gently for 1-2 minutes, add cream , then add flour and stir to combine and thicken. Add peas and corn. Warm through
- Prepare pastry mix and roll out to size large enough to cover base and sides of pie plate. Cut excess From edges. Pour in chicken filling and top with sheet of puff pastry.
- Crimp the edges together and brush the top with beaten egg. Poke a knife in top randomly to make 4-5 holes in the top for the steam to escape.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until top is browned