This is a delicious and simple pie that my whole family loves! Serve it up with a side salad.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 Leek (sliced)
- 500 grams Chicken (thigh is the most tender for a pie - but you can use breast)
- 4 slices Shortcut bacon (cut into small strips)
- 200 grams Mushrooms (chopped anyway you like)
- 2-3 Puff pastry sheets
- 1 Egg (Beaten)
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 3 tsp Seeded mustard
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 180. Pull pastry out to thaw whilst cooking other ingredients. Use a pie dish approx 20cm wide - grease pan accordingly.
- Cook leek for 2 mins, or until cooked through. Add chicken in batches - cook for 4-5 mins or until cooked through. Move to a plate and set to the side.
- Add the mushroom and bacon, cook for approx 3 mins. Add chicken and leek back to the pan and stir through. Add the sour cream, seeded mustard and if you would like to you can add some mixed herbs here (approx. 1 tsp).
- Place 1 sheet of pastry carefully into pan and ensure it is flat. Add mixture into pie. Place the other pastry sheet on top and brush with egg.
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until pastry has a lovely golden colour. Serve with a nice fresh salad.
Notes... You could use Dijon mustard instead of seeded mustard - just use 2 teaspoons!