Easy to prepare party food
Ingredients (makes 25 Vol au vents)
- 250 grams Ingham's diced chicken breast ( chopped into smaller pieces)
- 1/2 small leek, sliced finely
- dash white wine
- 55 grams(approx) butter
- 1/2 cup (approx) milk
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 table spoon whole grain mustard
- 25 small Vol Au Vent cases
- heat a little oil in a small frypan. Fry leeks and chicken until almost cooked . season with salt and pepper . Pour in white wine and fry off for a minute or two
- Remove from pan. Add butter to pan and melt , add flour and stir well , cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in milk stirring constantly to avoid lumps, When a thick pouring consistency is achieved add the chicken mixture and the mustard. stir well and warm through
- place Vol au vents on a baking tray and carefully fill with chicken mixture
Bake in 170 degree oven until golden and warmed through
Notes... The mixture can be made a day ahead and pastry shells filled a little before serving.