A family favourite in the slow cooker. This can easily be done the traditional way in your pot on the stove.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 whole Chicken, skin off & cut into 10 pieces
- 3 onions, finely diced
- 2tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 1.5 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder (add more or less depending on heat preference)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 large potato, cut into small cubes (optional)
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- Add the oil & onions to the Philips All-In-One Cooker inner pot. Set to sauté/high temp for 10 minutes. Cook until soft. Add the garlic & ginger & cook for 1 minute.
- Add all the spices & cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the chicken pieces to the pot & stir with the spice mix.
- Add the diced tomatoes & potatoes & bring to the boil. Cook for 2 minutes. Give it a gentle stir & then set to slow cook & 6 hours. Set valve to SEAL. Alternatively you can cook it in pressure cook mode for 30 minutes.
- When cooking time is finished, set valve to VENT & then serve with rice, roti, pappadums or all 3!