This Chicken in a White Wine & Lemon Sauce Recipe delivers tender, moist chicken drizzled with a deliciously light sauce. Elegant but very simple and quick to prepare … perfect for a week night dinner or for entertaining friends.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1/3 cup Spring onions, finely chopped (plus extra for serving)
- 1/2 cup Low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Dry white wine
- 2 TBS Salted butter
- 1 Lemon, cut into thick slices
- 4 Chicken breasts, cut in half
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Plain flour
- Salt & Pepper
- Squeeze Lemon juice
- Between a sheet of baking paper, pound the chicken fillets until 1cm thick
- Mix the salt & pepper with the flour, then coat the fillets in the mixture to coat the fillet. Shake off any excess flour.
- Heat the olive oil and 1 tsp butter in a large frying pan. When heated, place the fillets in, and cook until golden brown and cooked through. Set aside
- To the same pan, add a dash more olive oil then add in the spring onions and sauté for a couple of minutes stirring continually.
- Add in the chicken stock, squeeze of lemon juice and white wine, and bring to a gentle boil. Turn the heat down to low, and add in the butter – stir to melt. Once melted, add in the lemon slices. Allow to simmer gently for 3-5 minutes or until reduced by half. Season if need be
- Remove the lemon slices and discard. Plate up the chicken and drizzle the sauce over the top. Serve with your choice of vegetables or salads. I like to double the sauce, and serve it with fettuccine drizzled with the sauce too