Easy to make, easy for freezer, tasty healthy meatballs
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 12 meatballs)
- 1 large egg
- 650g chciken mince
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 2 Tbp Parsley (fresh if possible)
- 2 + 1/2 cup spinach
- Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. Lightly coat a 9x13-inch baking dish or rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray
- Beat the egg in the bottom of a large bowl. Add the chicken, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, 1 tablespoon olive oil, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, red pepper flakes, parsley, and 1 tablespoon tomato paste.
- Finely chop the spinach so that it is in small bits, then add it to the bowl. With a fork or your hands (I’m all about the hands here), mix until well combined, being careful not to compact the meat. Shape the mixture into 12 meatballs and arrange in the prepared baking dish so that they do not touch.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon tomato paste. It won’t be perfectly smooth but will bake up just fine. Brush over the top of the meatballs.
- Bake the meatballs in the upper third of the oven for 18 to 22 minutes, until cooked through. Serve hot with pasta, zucchini noodles, inside a hot dog bun, or any way you choose!