It is always hard when kids are looking for after school snacks. Here is a great recipe to use as a super healthy afternoon snack, it is a great way to get fussy eaters to eat some veggies. Chicken sausage rolls. We add in Veggie Boost as it contains Sweet Potato, Beetroot, Spinach, Broccoli, Kale, Carrot, Cauliflower , pumpkin, Barley and Wheatgrass, Spirulina, Alfalfa, Chia. Kids love them! 10 veggies and 5 Superfoods! You can use other mince, we in this recipe chicken mince is used as is a good low-fat choice.
You can then freeze them and bring out when needed
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 16 )
- 1 Cup breadcrumbs
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 egg
- 1 zucchini
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 onion
- 2 teaspoons parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon Mavella Veggie Boost
- 4 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Preheat oven 200 degrees
- Line tray with baking sheets
- Grate carrot, zunchini, and onion
- Add: breadcrumbs, chicken mince and unbeaten egg to food processor.
- Use mixture in bowl and add in grated carrot, zucchini, and onion, parsley leaves, veggie boost and mix with hands.
- Place 1 pastry sheet on floured bench.
- Spoon 1/8 of mixture down pastry, leave about 2 cm from edge, then roll the pastry, so looks like think tube. Cut in three rolls. Put some fork pricks in sausage rolls, so doesn’t split.
- Brush with 1 egg lightly beaten
- Then repeat with other sheets
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until lightly browned