This is a quick, hearty and flavoursome meal which includes chicken and vegetables. A great flavour combination which will be an absolute hit at dinner time!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 2 medium brown onions, sliced thickly
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 1 fennel, sliced
- 4 carrots, sliced thickly
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 drained anchovy fillets
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup tomato pasta sauce
- 4 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoon freshly cut basil
- 3 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/2 cup seeded black olives, halved
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 4 tablespoon cream
- Add chicken and oil to the inner pot. Press SAUTE/SEAR HIGH TEMP button, set cooking time for 10 minutes and press START (Do not close the lid). Cook chicken until browned all over. Add onion, garlic and anchovy. Cook until soft.
- Add wine and tomato sauce. Press SAUTE/SEAR LOW TEMP button, set cooking time for 5 minutes and press START; bring to the boil.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, including olives, carrot, cubed potatoes, fennel and cream.
- Seal lid (ensuring that the liquid does NOT exceed the liquid level indicator on the inner pot). Cook on MEAT/POULTRY in pressure cooking for 15 minutes. Press START.
- Use the natural venting method to prevent the liquid coming out of the vent when using the venting method. The pressure must be released slowly due to the liquid in this dish. Wait for the valve to have dropped before you remove the lid.