This chicken is tender, falls of the bone and the flavor is a lovely. Great for the whole family.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 3 tb vegetable oil
- 20 chicken wings (tips removed, cut at the joint)
- 6 thick slices of fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 small chilli peppers, seeded & finely chopped
- 800g canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tb worcestershire sauce
- 4tb soy sauce
- 2 tb red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp cornstarch (optional)
- 1 small handfull coriander, freshly chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Pour oil into pressure cooker to coat the base very generously.
- Put in half the wings and brown them over the SAUTE/SEAR setting. Remove to plate and brown the second half of the batch, adding a little more oil if needed.
- Put all the browned wings into the pressure cooker with all the remaining ingredients, except the cornstarch and coriander. Stir in to distribute the chopped items, then secure the lid .
- Set to 'HIGH PRESSURE'... then select MEAT/POULTRY.. which will set timer for 15 minutes.
- If sauce is too thin, you can boil it down for 2 minutes, or whisk 2 teaspoons of cornstarch into an equal quantity of cooking liquid and then stir it into the contents of the pressure cooker. A very wet sauce will add more tasty liquid for a white rice.
- Stir in the coriander just before serving.