A quick curry to serve with brown rice or basmati rice. I don’t like spicy food so it’s not a “real” curry, but we love it at my place!
Ingredients (serves 3)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 tin tomato paste
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 onion
- 1 pinch salt
- turmeric powder
- 2 Tbsp almond meal
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Cook the rice with 3 cups of hot water and some salt. It will take around 35-40 minutes.
- Chop the onion and slightly cook it in olive oil in a saucepan.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and add to the sauce pan. Add the tin of tomato paste. Fill the empty tin of tomato paste with water and add it to the saucepan.
- Add salt and turmeric powder. Cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat
- Stir through the almond meal and serve with brown rice. Enjoy!