This recipe is proudly brought to you by the Philips All-In-One Cooker.
- 1kg beef oxtail, trimmed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Japanese/Korean soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chinese cooking wine
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 6 cloves garlic, bruised
- 12cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled, sliced thickly
- 4 green onions, chopped coarsely
- 2 star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 x 5cm strips of orange rind
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 green onions, shredded finely
- Cut oxtail into 4cm pieces. Combine sauce, wine, sugar, garlic, ginger, chopped onion, star anise, cinnamon, rind and the water in inner pot. Press SAUTE/SEAR LOW TEMP button, set cooking time for 10 minutes and press START (Do not close the lid); bring to the boil. Add oxtail.
- Seal lid, cook on SLOW COOK LOW TEMP for 8 hours or cook on MEAT/POULTRY in Pressure cooking for 25 mins. Press START.
- Remove lide. Transfer Oxtail to serving plate; drizzle with about 1/3 cup (80ml) of braising liquid. Sprinkle with shredded onion.
Notes... Cooking time starts once pressure has been maintained.
Set the valve to SEAL position. Check that the float valve is in the down position.